Senior Designer - Freelance or Permanent
We are looking for an experienced and talented womens wear designer to join our product development team. You will be working closely with the founder, creating innovative yet commercial designs and managing the sampling process. The Dancing Leopard team work remotely, with majority of team based in UK, but a growing team in Ibiza. Fitting sessions will be held in Ibiza so it would be possible to re-locate here. If UK-based, you will need to travel to Ibiza regularly. This is the perfect time to join our growing company on the cusp of an exciting growth journey.
● Working closely with the founder to research, design and develop cohesive ranges in line with our brand identity and the needs of our core customer.
● Identifying new product opportunities, presenting trend research and concept proposals.
● Liaising with the Head of merchandise to ensure that we are potentialising on all consumer product opportunities, whilst using key sales and returns data to drive product innovation.
● Producing clear technical sketches and workbooks and selecting the appropriate fabrics (Looking for opportunities to use sustainable materials wherever possible)
● Managing the full sampling process alongside the Garment Tech.
● Communicating directly with factories to ensure that samples are made according to spec and comments are submitted within set deadlines.
● Holding regular fit sessions alongside development team for both new and current products, identifying and problem solving any design issues.
● Making amends to sketches post fit sessions, updating the critical path with information from factories.
● Working alongside the print designer and founder to match prints to styles.
● Working alongside the Head of Production to initiate creative use of surplus fabric.
● Demonstrate a strong understanding of the design identity of Dancing Leopard ● Specialising in multi product inc wovens & knitwear
● At least 3 years womenswear design experience ideally with a similar fashion brand
● Good Technical Awareness' and understanding of manufacturing processes ● Experience of creating sketched CADs and technical drawings for factories, setting-up print placements for factories.
● Tech savvy
● Expert understanding of fabrics
● Trend-focused with an eye for detail
● Flexible work approach, we are growing and the needs of the company evolve rapidly
● Ability to prioritise and focus, managing important deadlines.
● Confident and concise communication skills with supreme attention to detail when communicating with factories.
● A problem solver, identifying issues immediately and addressing with manufacturers efficiently
● Strong Team player and passionate for the brand and its success.
● Able to quickly build relationships across the company and factories, warm friendly personality
● A self-starter and has the ability to adapt to quickly evolving and dynamic styles and briefs
● Good technical awareness
● Self-motivated with strong work ethic
● Happy to travel - regular travel between UK and Ibiza aswell as occasional factory visits (India, China, Turkey) will be required. BONUS EXPERIENCE
● Chlo 3D
● Swimwear Design
● Grading / Technical
● Details on enquiry and experience are dependent.
If you're interested in applying for this role, please send your CV and cover letter to our founder: firstname.lastname@example.org