Spring is such a fabulous time of year to go to a wedding. The flowers are blooming and the evenings are getting longer. Spring is the season of change, and in the UK, that often means unpredictable weather, so it can be hard to know what to wear. Spring's arrival marks the start of wedding season, so it's time to start planning your wedding guest outfits. Think soft pastels, bright colour blocking and chiffon styles that will see you through spring and every wedding season.
Dresses To Wear To A Spring Wedding
Wedding guest dresses are perfect for experimenting with your fashion and trying something different to your everyday style. Take inspiration from the season. Nature is coming back to life, so spring is the perfect opportunity to add prints, patterns and colours to your wardrobe.
Havannah Maxi Wrap Dress in Abstract Pink on Sea Green
This clean-lined classic Havannah Dress is the perfect spring wedding guest dress that you’ll want to wear year after year. Abstract dots are a timeless print that’s wearable every season, but this dress is ideal for a spring wedding thanks to its wrap waist, maxi length and 3/4 length balloon sleeves.
Jagger Maxi Dress in Magenta
A statement colour block in a floaty chiffon fabric perfectly combines romance and formality for a spring wedding. The long chiffon sleeves with elasticated wrists are fab in case April showers arrive! The maxi cut gives you a little extra coverage, thanks to the wrap style, while also creating a flowy silhouette as you walk for added impact. Of course, we can’t forget about the gorg’ magenta hue. This standout piece was made to be worn on repeat.
Estella Midaxi Dress in Odd Dot Pink on Amparo Blue
If you’re looking for the perfect mix of bold colours and classic silhouette for your spring dress to wear to a wedding, this is the dress for you. The long length sleeves with added peek-a-boo back work together to create a gorg’ silhouette that’s feminine and flattering. We love the spring-inspired blue shade and pink abstract dots for complimenting tones that do all the work.
Spring Wedding Guest Trends For 2024
Trends come and go each season, so it can be tricky to know what's in fashion, especially if you haven't been to a wedding in a while. To make it easier, we’ve listed some easy trends that pop up every spring to last you through the season:
- Florals - Florals for spring are nothing new, so it’s no surprise this trend comes back year after year.
- Midi styles - A great choice for unpredictable weather.
- Chiffon - Lightweight and romantic feeling fabric to match the wedding vibe.
- Ruffles - We love adding some volume to our outfit with added texture.
- Slip styles - This flattering style is feminine and easy to style for all weddings.
Top Tips For Spring Wedding Guest Dressing
As much as we love spring, the weather can be a little unpredictable. To make sure you’re prepared for whatever the occasion throws at you, there are some things you can do to make it easier:
- Bring an extra layer - A shawl or cardigan is perfect for after-ceremony drinks, or just to throw on if the day turns chilly. We love styling a shawl as it doubles as a cover-up and is easy to wear all day. When choosing your shawl, pick a colour that compliments the rest of your outfit. If you need help, pick out smaller details and match them or go bold and create a block contrast.
- Change of shoes - Bring flats or flip-flops. Trust us, your feet will thank you. When the reception is in full swing, a pair of small pumps or ballet shoes will be a lifesaver.
- Statement coat - Grab a standout coat ready for the end of the day. A bold wool coat or a classic trench will add structure and an added layer for warmth.
- Minimal accessories - Simple, dainty accessories will elevate any outfit. Try matching your jewellery with the colour of your outfit. For example, reds, greens and yellows go well with gold, and silver jewellery pairs perfectly with blues and burgundies.
What Colours Should I Wear For A Spring Wedding?
Wondering what to wear to a spring wedding as a guest? We think bold is always best. But if you’re unsure which colour to go for, you can make a good guess by looking at your invitation. The invitation will match the colour palette of the wedding, so you can use it as a guide to not clash with the venue. Another fab way to choose your colours and patterns is to take inspiration from the season! Think pastels, greens, blues, pinks and yellows. Of course, the most important thing is picking colours that compliment you and make you feel fabulous.
How To Accessorise For A Spring Wedding
As we’ve mentioned, spring is known for odd showers and cold spells, so bringing a shawl or cardigan is a practical accessory that will also elevate your outfit. Choosing a block colour already featured in your outfit is an easy go-to, or pick a contrasting colour for a bold statement. Another must-have is a gorg’ clutch bag. Not only will it hold all your makeup essentials, but it can also add another element to your outfit for that added impact.
We can’t forget about the shoes. Choosing your heels may be the most important accessory when it comes to comfort. Wedge or block heels are the safe option if you know the wedding is partly outside, as many venues will be on stones, paths and grass, so it might be a good idea to leave the stilettos at home.
What To Wear To A Formal Spring Wedding?
When attending a formal spring wedding, it's essential to strike the perfect balance between elegance and embracing the season. Opt for a floor-length gown in light and airy fabrics like chiffon or silk. Pastel shades such as blush pink, mint green, or lavender are ideal for spring. Look for dresses with delicate lacework or subtle floral designs to add a feminine touch. Pair your outfit with comfortable strappy heels or elegant sandals. Complete your look with standout jewellery and a coordinating clutch. Remember to dress modestly and respect the wedding's dress code.
What To Wear To A Casual Spring Wedding?
When attending a casual spring wedding, embrace the opportunity to dress comfortably and fashionably. Choose a dress that falls just above the knee or a maxi dress crafted from breathable materials like cotton or linen. Embrace the lively spirit of the season by opting for vibrant colours and playful patterns. Complete your look with charming sandals or wedges for a relaxed touch. Add delicate jewellery and have a lightweight cardigan or wrap handy in case of cooler weather. Prioritise reviewing the wedding invitation for any specific dress guidelines and ensure your attire aligns with the occasion.
Need some inspiration for another season?