In honour of World Vegan Day, we're bringing you a smoothie bowl and cacao ball recipe, straight from DL HQ! Our Head Leopard, Jade, is vegan and she loves to make delicious food for us on shoot days. From smoothie bowls to cacao balls, loads of fruit and healthy 'raw' cake, her breakfast spreads are legendary amongst the team, so we thought we'd share them with you guys, too!
Jade's vegan smoothie bowl recipe
You will need:
- Pineapple chunks
- Frozen berries
- Pink papaya powder
- Coconut milk
- Fresh strawberries
- Coconut flakes
- Chia seeds
1. Blend the following until the liquid is completely smooth: pineapple, frozen berries, pink papaya powder and coconut milk.
2. Sprinkle the following on the top: fresh strawberries, coconut flakes, chia seeds, blueberries and walnuts.
Vegan cacao balls recipe:
You will need:
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 Table spoons of raw cacao powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup chopped dates
- Put the almonds, walnuts, oats, cacao and salt in a food processor and blend until the nuts break down and mix in with the other ingredients.
- Add the dates and a tablespoon of water and run the food processor until the mixture becomes thick and sticky.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Scoop pieces of the mixture and roll it into balls between your palms. Line them on the baking sheet and let them chill in the fridge overnight.
Want more vegan food inspo? Check out out latest IG guide about the vegans creators you should be following...